Thursday, December 13, 2012

Cover Letter



The two main revisions that I decided would best benefit my blog project was to add a more personal voice to my writing, and I went over and made sure that all of my past and present verb tenses were being used in the right way. I always tend to use too much voice and add too many personal comments to my research papers, so doing this blog project was like a god sent to me. When I say that I went and made my voice more personal, I mean I added my direct thought on what I felt about certain facts that I pointed out when I first was doing the blog. By being myself in these comments I wish to show readers a sense of who I am more in the piece and get across my feelings on the tough issues that I bring up. Hopefully, by doing this I can come off as more relatable.  Misusing past tense and present tense verbs is always something that I have done since I first started writing. It could have something to do with the fact that my thought process is faster than my typing. Whatever the reason may be, I caught a lot of wrong verb tenses in my second project. No matter how many times I went over the blog before I turned it in, they just slipped by me. Now that the verbs are fixed I hope that it created a better flow to my blog and didn’t leave the sentence sounding off, like it did previously.
How I have grown as a writer in this, English 1100, class is by being learning how to show who I am as a person in my writing. My previous English class, senior year of high school, I had a teacher that wanted everybody write the same way. She had a strict set of rules that everyone had to abide by with our papers or we would get a low grade.  As a result, I no longer viewed writing as something that was a way of expressing myself, but as something that I had to do because it was a school assignment. Through the course of this class I have found my voice again as well as learned how to paint pictures in people’s heads with my words. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The writers possess a wide area of expertise, including even the narrowest subjects like Gender Studies or E-commerce. Click best bibliography to find more!

    ReplyDelete